Visa is a conditional authorization granted by a territory to foreigners, which allows them to enter and remain within a county up to the end date of the approved stay. Canada Tourist Visa is a temporary resident permit that is issued for tourists to visit Canada for the purpose of tourism and leisure.
There are two types of Canada Tourist Visas:
Single Entry Visa
Multiple Entry Visa
Single Entry Visa allows the bearer to enter Canada only once during the validity period of the visa. After the visa holder leaves Canada, the visa will no longer be valid, and he or she will need a new visa to enter Canada again.
On the other hand, a Multiple Entry Visa allows the bearer to enter Canada multiple times, without reapplying each time. Visitors who hold this type of visa can stay in Canada for up to 6 months per visit, although some exceptions may apply. The multiple entry visa can be valid for up to 10 years, or one month before the bearer’s passport expires.
For consideration applicants must:
- have a valid passport
- have a clean criminal history
- provide biometrics if they are under the age of 80
- prove they will have the financial recourses to pay their expenses while in Canada
- prove they have no intention to seek or undertake employment while in Canada
- prove that they will leave Canada at the end of the approved stay