Study Permit

Study Permit

A Study Visa is a visa issued to individuals who wish to study in one of the designated learning Institutions (DIL) and have received a letter of acceptance from them.

In most cases where the duration of the study is longer than 6 months, the applicant must apply for a Study Visa to enter Canada and participate in the course.

The process includes a visa for entry to Canada for study and also an education license that identifies the degree of education, duration, and name of the institution and is usually provided when the applicant arrives in Canada.

Canadian universities were ranked among the top in the world, considered by many the most prestigious of the university rankings has led to a significant growth in the demand for international students in Canada every year, according to published statics by Canada’s Bureau of Statics in 2018, the number of international students has increased about 34% from 2014 to 2017.


Other advantages of studying in Canada:

  •  Have a part-time work permit while studying,
  • Have a full-time work permit after graduating up to 3 years,
  • Granting a full-time work permit to a spouse on a work permit visa while studying·
  • Free education of their children up to diploma,
  • Ability to use Canada’s diverse provincial and federal programs of obtaining permanent residency for graduate students and families


Process for receiving a Student Visa:

  • Have a minimum GPA required for the selected course in the last two years or minimum GPA required for the last degree of education,
  • Have an English language proficiency requirements,
  • Have enough financial support for studying and living fees in Canada,
  • Have a rational connection between the chosen course and the applicant’s career and educational background,
  • Have no record of a criminal conviction,
  • Convince the Immigration Service that the applicant and all family members will return to their home country after completing their studies


Swallow Immigration Consultancy as an official international student advisor of UNB, Saint Tomas University, NBCC, and Makenzie College with experience in providing advice to hundreds of students, applying for admission to educational and academic institutions, preparing a complete acceptable application for The Immigration Office, proudly provides guidance and assistance in obtaining a student visa as well as a permanent resident visa (Immigration Visa).